Monday, February 15, 2010

Chinese New year 2010

Peter and I went to a Chinese New Year and Creativity Center in Brewer Maine grand opening (formerly Smith's Ceramics in Bangor Maine) in their new digs after the state took their property for road improvements. Teresa and Steve Wong are the owners. I have done business with them for as long as I have lived in Maine. I threw some pots in their new pottery room and did a demonstration for them. People seemed to have a great time, and the New Years feast was excellent. It is customary to serve a whole fish for good luck. The audience also participated in the dragon dance by popping bubble wrap in place of setting off fire crackers which are illegal in the state of Maine. This loud noise making is to scare off evil spirits. Red envelopes, know to contain money, were presented to the children. I took a few video clips and photos of the event.





No comments: